SEATING CAPACITY: 1500
Chicago's Grand Opera House was opened as part of a renovation of Hamlin's Theatre building.
In the 1910s, it was taken over by George M. Cohan and renamed. The Shubert Organization subsequently operated the theatre.
It was modernized in 1926.
The theatre became a movie house in 1942 and was renamed the RKO Grand the following year. It showed movies until March 1958 and was demolished a month later.
The Richard J. Daley Center was built on the site.
Copyright ©2021 ovrtur.com