Venue Status:year not entered yet Demolished:year not entered yet Seating Capacity:not entered yet
Trivia & History
Designed by Cedric H. Ballantyne to house a mixture of film and live entertainment (it included a Wurlitzer Organ).
Opening night was March 15, 1929. The Plaza Ballroom, located in the basement, opened later the same year was designed to show talking pictures.
A fire on April 28, 1945 destroyed the main auditorium. The Plaza was left almost entirely untouched and reopened after minor repairs. The main auditorium was rebuilt and reopened on December 16, 1947, with a new organ.
The building was closed in 1970 and furniture and fittings were auctioned off. It stood empty.
Beginning in 1993, a restoration effort was undertaken. The Regent was reborn on August 19, 1996 with the Plaza refurbished a ballroom.