Originally built as part of the Minneapolis Auditorium Building, however it was rebuilt in 1924 and renamed the Lyceum Theatre. Beginning in 1924 until the 40s, it showed films. In the 1940s, it began housing legitimate theatre. It closed in the late 1950s and it housed a church. The building was demolished in 1978 and Orchestra Hall was built on the site.