SEATING CAPACITY: 1700
The entrance was on 7th Avenue, while the theatre sat on 58th Street.
Turned to films in 1931. Became a Shakespeare repertory theatre in 1932. By 1943, it had changed uses a couple of more times and began showing foreign films. The following year it returned to live theatre. In 1953, it closed and was leased by NBC in 1954. The theatre was demolished in 1962 and an apartment building now sits on the site.
Copyright ©2018 ovrtur.com